- To get maximum depth of focus: set the aperture to be as small as possible (f/22) and let the shutter speed be automatically determined. By the last few frames, the exposure time is up to 3-4 secs.
- To compensate for the lack of trains: added a hurricane!
Here's a little experiment I did this weekend. My first ever time-lapse video:
It consists of:
- one photo every 5 minutes,
- 101 images which become
- a movie of 10 frames per second,
- for a speedup of 3000 x real life.
- Plug camera into laptop via USB.
- To remotely control camera: a program called EOS Utility which comes included with most Canon DSLRs. I'd never even looked at those discs that came with the camera, which is more than 3 years old. Good thing I never threw them away!
- To make the HD movie out of the JPEG images: Movie Maker tool in Picasa.